Harding A, Weeks B, Lambert C, Watson S, Weis L, Beck B (2020) A comparison of bone‐targeted exercise strategies to reduce fracture risk in middle‐aged and older men with osteopenia and osteoporosis: LIFTMOR‐M semi‐randomized controlled trial. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research.
1. Willson T, Nelson SD, Newbold J, Nelson RE, LaFleur J. The clinical epidemiology of male osteoporosis: a review of the recent literature. Clinical epidemiology. 2015;7:65.
2. Santos L, Elliott-Sale KJ, Sale C. Exercise and bone health across the lifespan. Biogerontology. 2017;18(6):931-946.
3. Tsuda T. Epidemiology of fragility fractures and fall prevention in the elderly: a systematic review of the literature. Current orthopaedic practice. 2017;28(6):580.
4. Sherrington C, Fairhall NJ, Wallbank GK, et al. Exercise for preventing falls in older people living in the community. Cochrane database of systematic reviews. 2019(1).
5. Watson S, Weeks B, Weis L, Harding A, Horan S, Beck B. High-intensity exercise did not cause vertebral fractures and improves thoracic kyphosis in postmenopausal women with low to very low bone mass: the LIFTMOR trial. Osteoporosis International. 2019;30(5):957-964.
6. Watson SL, Weeks BK, Weis LJ, Harding AT, Horan SA, Beck BR. High‐intensity resistance and impact training improves bone mineral density and physical function in postmenopausal women with osteopenia and osteoporosis: the LIFTMOR randomized controlled trial. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 2018;33(2):211-220.
7. Harding AT, Weeks BK, Lambert C, Watson SL, Weis LJ, Beck BR. A comparison of bone‐targeted exercise strategies to reduce fracture risk in middle‐aged and older men with osteopenia and osteoporosis: LIFTMOR‐M semi‐randomized controlled trial. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 2020.
8. Borg G. Borg's perceived exertion and pain scales. Human kinetics; 1998.
9. Borg GA. Psychophysical bases of perceived exertion. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 1982.
10. Levinger I, Goodman C, Hare DL, Jerums G, Toia D, Selig S. The reliability of the 1RM strength test for untrained middle-aged individuals. Journal of science and medicine in sport. 2009;12(2):310-316.
11. American College of Sports Medicine RD, Ehrman JK, Liguori G, Magal M, eds. ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription. Tenth Edition ed. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer; 2018.